[DeTomaso] Sports 5000 for sale

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 15:17:12 EDT 2014

In a message dated 10/2/14 9 19 18, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> Saw this in Hemmings this morning.   $3M asking price.
>

>>>Hilarious.   This is a really neat car, although I see it has lost its
original wheels.   When I saw it at the factory it had 15x9 and 15x11 wheels,
whereas this appears to have standard Mangusta wheels.   I wonder when/why
that changed?

Come to think of it, when I saw it in Modena in 2009 it had these later
wheels on it too.

I know this car has struggled to sell for many, many years, with various
low six-figure asking prices.   So why not shoot for a nice fat seven-figure
price instead? :>)