[DeTomaso] Roofline or GT5 and GT5S

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Wed Oct 1 09:09:49 EDT 2014

Dear Mike,

                     Well, off onto a tangent from wheels to roof line.

                     The roof line of the GT5 and GT5S Panteras is
*lower* than earlier "normal" Panteras?????   I have never heard that.
I had heard of a lower floor pan and smallish suspension differences,
different engines, but I have not heard of a different roof line.

                    I always thought that their menacing good looks,
similar to the Ferrari 288 GT, was due to the widened stance and fender
flares.

                    May I ask if you have any references for the lowered
roof line??   I mean this isn't just your calibrated eyeball analysis?

                                     Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles