[DeTomaso] New Pantera GR4 Magnesium wheels

Patrick HALS patrickhals at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 03:27:35 EDT 2014

According to forecast, Marvic ( Nothern Italy ) has just finished producing
a new batch of GR4 Pantera magnesium wheels , based on the original
Campagnolo drawings , ( brand new moulds ) and fitted in period on all
factory GR4 cars from 1972.
The size is 10 x 15 for the front , and 14x15 for the rear, precisely as
the 14 original factory cars. 14 inch is a better fit on Panteras , as it
fills the wheel arches much more nicely.
Those wheels meet the best quality standards in force, and are a direct fit
for Pantera factory Gr4, GR4 tributes, GT5 and GT5S. Marvic is a regular
supplier of many successful bike factories, World Endurance Championship
teams, and  other highly qualified car industry suppliers ( Sabelt, BBS,
Momo, MV Agusta, .... )
I use them on my Candy 2862 factory car, together with several other
Pantera racers and daily street users in the EU. If you have original
magnesium wheels on your car, you have to bear in mind that magnesium' s
worst enemy is moist and humidity, and if your wheels become porous or
regularly loose tyre pressure, they might crack and ( God forbids ) break
at high speed.
Those wheels will be on Candy in Daytona Classic 24 hours in six weeks, if
everything goes according to plan .
They are not cheap though.... Front wheel is 1500 euros , and rear one is
1800 euro, ex factory.
For those who wish to have more details, don't hesitate to ask me .
Patrick ( Candy 2862, ADA 9628 )