[DeTomaso] Best way to do a Distributorless Ignition System in a Pantera

Ed Mendez edducati at mac.com
Tue Nov 25 03:11:32 EST 2014

I found this:

http://compu-tronix.com/DIS8.htm <http://compu-tronix.com/DIS8.htm>

Only thing is I am running a FAST crank trigger with MSD Box and crank trigger locked distributor now. On my 351C with EFI now the ECU is controlling the spark, sends a signal to the MSD to fire the coil. I was looking for something like this for the small form factor and individual coil packs. This would take the place of the MSD box, I think?

Anyway the above seams simpler than this:

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5650045562/m/1021035995 <http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5650045562/m/1021035995>

Any other suggestions?

Another possible option:

Run one of these with 2 coil packs for a wasted spark system to replace my current MSD box:

http://www.msdignition.com/Products/Ignitions/Distributorless/Ignitions/62112-DIS-2_Plus_Distributorless_2_Channel.aspx <http://www.msdignition.com/Products/Ignitions/Distributorless/Ignitions/62112-DIS-2_Plus_Distributorless_2_Channel.aspx>

Just not sure how to trigger it… needs two triggers.

Thanks, Ed <https://www.facebook.com/edducati>