[DeTomaso] NPC  Symptems of MC Failing

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Nov 19 23:50:23 EST 2014

In a message dated 11/19/14 18 51 57, detomaso at poca.com writes:

>   When I parked at work this morning my brake pedal initially felt fine
> and the car stopped as usual, but then slowly sank towards the floor.  Now
> it does that every time I stop.  Seems like something in the master cylinder
> like a seal failed?  Any suggestions?
>

>>>If you pump it rapidly, do you get a good pedal?   That's a sure sign of
a bad seal.

If the pedal is mushing to the floor every time (you never get a good
pedal), could it be that a line or connection or caliper seal has failed, and
brake fluid is simply being pumped overboard?   Pump the pedal a few times
while the car is stationary and then check everywhere for leaks.   Don't forget
to see if fluid is flowing out the back of the master and into the cabin?

And hope that you don't have the problem I did, where a line failed in the
front trunk and fluid soaked the carpet...grrrr!!!!