[DeTomaso] fuel pumps

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 23:25:55 EST 2014

I didn't use an adapter to the tank drain either.  The 1/2" SAE Groco fuel valve threaded right into the metric bung on the bottom of the tank. I did have a fuel drip at first, but the added fuel safe joint compound to the threads on the valve, as well as an O-ring from O'Reilly Auto Parts and everything is sealed up tight.  And it sure came in handy to just close the fuel valve when I replaced my fuel pump with the RobbMC pump a few months ago - no mess, no need to drain the tank, no clamping the fuel line to stop flow to the pump, etc. Just turn the valve a quarter turn.  Also a great theft deterrent.  I just reach under there and give the valve a quarter turn when not using the car (or when staying at a hotel such as when I took it to the Ironstone Concours in September) and if someone tries to steal it, they won't get far.