[DeTomaso] fuel pumps

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 19:16:29 EST 2014

I did an AN 90-degree on the bottom of the tank to -8, to a mongo filter,
to an electric pump.

I know, you¹re not supposed to run a filter before the pump.  Sue me.  I
will clean it annually, and it¹s a really big filter.

I had a RobbM mechanical, but I recently switched to Webers, which like
4-6psi.  I was going to run the Robb pump with a regulator to step it down
to ~5psi, but all that crap on the front of the engine looked too red neck.

At any rate, -8 is a nice size from the bottom of the tank to the fuel
pump, and it doesn¹t hang lower than the body/frame, so I¹m not worried
about it hitting anything.

Another note is that the plug has metric threads that are very close to AN
threads.  If you use the proper sized AN elbow, you don¹t need an adapter.

If I had the tank out, I might try a submersible electric pump.  But
as-is, I am very happy with my results.