[DeTomaso] fuel pumps

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 17:35:57 EST 2014

If I recall correctly, the welded bung in the bottom of the tank already extends at least 1/4" up into the tank. I'm not too concerned with crap from the bottom of the tank.  My tank was spotless inside before reinstalling the engine and I added a serviceable pre-filter between the tank and the pump and the obligatory fuel filter between the pump and carb as well.  The only way crap will get into the tank is if it comes from the gas pump at a station, and I'd rather the crap gets removed from the bottom of my tank and trapped by the filter than left to collect and build up to the point of causing recurring problems.

My 2-cents. YMMV.