[DeTomaso] fuel pumps

David adin at frontier.net
Tue Nov 18 15:13:38 EST 2014

Hmmmmmm, was planning a robb mechanical pump because the Cleveland was
leaning out just a touch at high revs on the dyno.

Now deRyke has me thinking . . . always dangerous.

V8 Miata - when I switched from EFI to carb it seemed that a regulator might
work to step down from EFI pressure (47?) to holley pressure (6lb, right?).
Except that the poor little pump trying to pump 40 lbs was going to wear
itself out (or start a big fire?) so I bought a regulator with return - any
excess pressure is returned to the tank.  (Miata already plumbed for that
from the factory).

5ive years later - still works like a champ!

Now I am thinking maybe a different route for the Pantera . . . .

Also, it seems any pump sucking through a tiny inlet will never be happy.
Anyone done a -8 upgrade from the tank to the pump?

Cheers,

David in Durango