[DeTomaso] If you can't say something nice...Not Your Average Pantera, Meet BKPNTR

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 11:51:13 EST 2014

That's a good story and a great come back to the Ferrari snob!
I think we Pantera owners have become sensitized  to the year's of
criticism and misunderstanding by other car marque's and the automotive
press so some of us may come across a little strongly. There is nothing
wrong with voicing your opinion as to whether you "like "' or "don't like"
a particular build. But I agree there is no need to be rude . Building a
car is an artistic expression, restoring a car is an exercises in how close
you can come to replicating or surpassing the quality of the original
build. They are two different things. Art has always will and will always
be subjective. A restoration can be judged on a very definitive point
scale. Lets not confuse the two. Let the restorer's restore and the
builders build and if the owners choose to exhibit their work then they
have opened themselves up to the criticism of the public  who often know
nothing of the subject they are commenting on and many don't have the
skills or creativity to tie a shoe ( That's why so many loafers are sold LOL)
But lets try to remember that we as pantera owners and as a club have
always been know for being gentlemen ( and Ladies) and lets try to behave
as such. And by the way there are many creative ways to comment on an
artistic endeavor that you don't particularly care for with out being rude,
you could say "That's an incredible Pantera! ( Incredible that some one
would spend the time and money to build such a creation) or "That's got to
be one of the most unique Panteras I have ever seen"  No ones needss to
have their feelings hurt and you don't have to make false compliments. It's
simply a matter of semantics.
JMHO
Boyd (Back among the living)