[DeTomaso] If you can't say something nice...Not Your Average Pantera, Meet BKPNTR

Tom Baranek tbaranek at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 17 10:03:09 EST 2014

I agree Rob,
If you can't find anything nice/neutral to say...silence can go a long way!
I had a regular C6 Corvette pull up near my Pantera and the guy said something nice about my car, so I said "That color looks great on your Vette."
Tom
Message: 11
Guys, I have to weigh in on this.  Two weeks ago I was at the "Best of France and Italy" car show in Van Nuys and a guy pulled in with a burgundy mid 60s Ferrari he had rebuilt from a rescued body.  He had aftermarket wheels, an Art Morrison tube chassis and a 500hp Small Block Chevy.  I should also mention that he was running without a hood. He couldn't get grouped with the Ferraris but instead was placed in the "other cars" row.   I was talking to him and appreciating the workmanship of his car when he told me that a Ferrari club guy with a mock turtleneck sporting the horse came over and told him the car was an "abomination". The Chevy/Ferrari owner replied "So is coming to a car show in women's clothing".  The frustrated Ferrari club member slinked away.  The Ferrari Club guy should have appreciated that at least this derelict old Ferrari was resurrected creatively and back on the road.

Let's not become the Ferrari club.

Incidentally, I saw the GT40 Pantera in San Diego and it is "bitchin".

Rob D'Orazio