[DeTomaso] Pantera futures

shawkins777 at comcast.net shawkins777 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 13 18:39:58 EST 2014

Bill,

If you watch the Mecum auctions there are many resto-mod Corvettes being sold these days for big money.

Steve

There have been several threads recently about the rising prices of Panteras, and several have talked about the values of the typical "personalized" Pantera versus a completely stock Pantera. I realize that most of us right now would say that "It doesn't matter to me, because it's mine and I like it however it is!" But, at some point in the future, if Pantera prices get in the mid to upper six figures, that viewpoint will not be so prevalent. ------------- As you probably know the folks in other car marques value the original car over one that has been changed, e.g., the Corvette folks! -------- So, my point is that we should try to bend the thinking that an original Pantera is not worth more than one that has been personalized - or else we will be caught in that trap. We have to present ourselves as the Boys In Black: Dude this is MY car! - the way the Harley boys have. There are very few stock Harleys. Of course, there are a finite number of Panteras, and an infinite number of Harleys. ----Just my two-cents!! ---BILL Lewis