[DeTomaso] How bad are electrical splices?

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Sun Nov 9 21:34:52 EST 2014

And the additional point is that crimped connections are much, much less
susceptible to fatigue failure.
The issue there is -- you need a decent crimping tool.
The 2 buck POS in the crappy kits is only good to hang the wire into the
connector until you're not looking.

I see that HF has a "real" crimper for 15 bucks. I've never tried that
one so I can't say too much.
60 bucks gets you a decent set with multiple jaw types.
http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumatic-9477-Interchangeable-Tool/dp/B0045CUMLQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1415586393&sr=8-8&keywords=crimp+tool+set
dave