[DeTomaso] How bad are electrical splices?

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Sun Nov 9 18:27:31 EST 2014

This is standard stuff for tough mobile applications Stephen.
Strain-relieving is about supporting a soldered connection to prevent
fatigue failure at the point where the solder ends. A helicopter is a
great example of an environment in which a solder joint, with wire
that's free to vibrate, can come apart in hours.
dave