[DeTomaso] Wiring harness R&R

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Nov 9 00:31:12 EST 2014

In a message dated 11/8/14 9:12:38 PM, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> The tech (BJ Filarski) that found the problem after 2 days of searching
> told me he routinely cut away about 10 feet of extra wiring- stuff not
> connected anywhere that was folded up and taped into the stock front wiring
> looms.
>

>>>Hmm, interesting.   Lori's car had miles of extra wiring in front of the
radiator, but it was all clearly added by some unknown previous owner (and
did nothing).   I've never seen another car that had 'extra wires' up front.
  So I suspect that rather than being a general issue, that instead a few
cars like yours and Lori's were hacked up by unsympathetic former owners.

FWIW my '72 has a whole bunch of unused wires, but only because it has a
'74 wiring harness and there are numerous components in the later cars (all
the sensors inside the seats for the ignition interlock/seat belt buzzer, as
well as the starter interlock override in the front trunk) that aren't
present in my car....so mine falls into the same category as well.