[DeTomaso] How bad are electrical splices?

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 09:01:48 EST 2014

When I worked in aerospace I recall hearing that a crimp was more reliable than a solder connection because occasionally the solder would make as cold joint.

Did you consider a single Weatherpack connector?  They come in a variety of sizes, I think 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 wire, so you can have one connector for all the wires.  However, you do need to use the right crimping tool, and it's easier with the better tools.

I think MSD used Weatherpack connectors on their products.

Ken