[DeTomaso] Extracting broken bolts by EDM disintegration

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 21:20:25 EST 2014

Back in the early 70s I worked field service in the semiconductor industry. Some of the equipment I worked on used anodized 6061 aluminum parts and assembled with SS machine screws. Customers were always breaking off screws in some of these parts. They would at times try to remove them...normally without real success. They would drill and tap a new hole next to original etc. They would call on me to bail them out many time also. I would take the part to a machine shop and have use EDM. It would salvage a $145 part and they charged me $6 dollars. I didn't have to worry about my damaging a customers part. I was great.