[DeTomaso] Hydraulic Throw-out Bearing

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 2 23:51:38 EST 2014

Scott,

I am trying to reconcile in my mind why you would need that much throw? You would surely require enough to allow separation of the clutch friction plate from the flywheel, which should be pretty much the standard unless you are running a really exotic clutch. Is it a question of too much initial movement that requires taking up before you engage on the throw out bearing, thus reducing effective throw? If so a longer custom bearing carrier might be your best solution, Kennedy Engineering would be your best go to for that.

Increasing you clutch master diameter size would provide more volume for slave throw, assuming you are not already maxed out.

I am not sure how the fluid volume vs throw equates in a hydraulic throw out to a conventional slave, but pushing a hydraulic throw out to the limits of throw risks blowing out the seal.

Julian