[DeTomaso] Unhappy motor - looking for suggestions

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 18:59:19 EST 2014

Hi Charlie,

It might be some crud in the carburetor or other starvation problem.  The
power valve might have gone bad if you have had a recent backfire.  But
start cheap and simple first.  Check the float levels and fuel pressure.
Check the timing to be sure and then tear into it.

My dad had a '56 Ford Fairlane that would get crudded up and he would take
the carb apart and put it back together and it would be good for a week.
After doing that a few times he got a Dodge Dart :)

sean

--
   Hi Charlie,
   It might be some crud in the carburetor or other starvation problem.A
   My dad had a '56 Ford Fairlane that would get crudded up and he would
   take the carb apart and put it back together and it would be good for a
   week.A  After doing that a few times he got a Dodge Dart :)
   sean

   On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 6:18 PM, Larry - Ohio Time
     I have had cars act up this way. It does sound fuel related. Your
     not
     getting enough of it. Fuel filter, sock in tank, vent in tank (test
     this by
     driving with the cap off), fuel line, then fuel pump.
     But then I have had a coil go wacko and do this too.
     Start with simple EZ things first (if you hear hoof beats think
     hoarse not
     zebra).
     Larry (was that a deer?) - Cleveland

   --
   Sean Korb [6]spkorb at spkorb.org [7]http://www.spkorb.org
   '65,'68 Mustangs,'68 Cougar,'78 R100/7,'60 Metro,'59 A35,'71 Pantera
   "Computers are useless.A  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso