[DeTomaso] Hellcat Charger vs. Pantera

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 2 17:51:41 EST 2014

The Hellcat will be a big deal to the automotive world until the next "big Hp car" comes out.  I mean, "Seven-oh-Seven" - dude that's a lot of power for an over-the-counter car.  But, if you're not a Dodge person, Ho-Hum in a month or two.  Corvette is coming out with their big boy soon!  There is an article in Hot Rod magazine about this - talking with the Ford Person-In-Charge-of-Engines.  Ford does not have an answer to all this massive Hp - yet/publicly.  So, when they bring out their whiz-bang engine in a year or so, we can slip them into our Panteras:  800Hp in our 3,100# cars.  Then either the oil crises hits, or carmakers decide to cut back on Hp, a la 1974+ America - leaving us on top of the heap!!!  Any other questions?    ---Bill (crate motors with 800Hp are cool) Lewis

Hellcat Charger weighs 4,449 pounds with 707 horsepower.
That calculates to one horsepower for every 6.29 pounds.

Given a Pantera weight of 3,100 pounds, to match the Hellcat's 6.29 ratio would require only 492 horsepower.

So who is going to be first to go out and spank a Hellcat?

:-)