[DeTomaso] ZF Gear Oil Recommendations

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Nov 1 12:44:56 EDT 2014

In a message dated 11/1/14 9 10 5, flisi at si.rr.com writes:

> Need to change the ZF's oil.  Any recommendations?
>

>>>I use CRC oil, made by Sta-Lube.   It's arguably no better or worse than
any other oil you can get, BUT you are assured that it is the proper GL5
spec.   As a wonderful bonus, it's available in one-gallon jugs, and you can
buy an optional pump which threads onto the bottle.   Each pump meters out
exactly one ounce, which is a beautiful thing.   Rather than struggling with
long quart bottles, you simply set the jug atop the gearbox, insert the end
of the hose into the side, and pump merrily away.   You'll need 7 1/2 US
pints, which is damn near a gallon.

See attached photo....I got mine at the local NAPA auto parts store, along
with the pump.   Usually my store has it in stock; last time they only had
pint bottles so I had to order it, and it arrived the next day.