[DeTomaso] Midway and Milkshakes

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Sat May 31 15:57:56 EDT 2014

Midway:  just under 5000 with the air wing, "meals" served 23 hours a
day, barber, bakery (hey, Lt. Drew wants some pastries - got a spare
tray? - worked every time).  We dropped a lot of bombs off that puppy -
loaded munitions every other night.

One day while on watch a buddy shows up - report to the Chaplin on the
double. WTF?  My Dad had died, I had 15 minutes to catch the mail plane
with orders home.  The F__kers spat on us when we arrived at Travis. My
Usual greetings to america deleted.

What could be better than a milkshake?  Thank you Chris, for sharing the
fun!