[DeTomaso] Is every body so busy at the Fun rally or with traveling there that no one has had a chance to read or comment about the Ford Voodoo engine?

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sat May 24 22:35:47 EDT 2014

 First of all, I'm sure it's going to be quite expensive. The Coyote Boss
302 is around $14K and the super charged version is around $18K. I know
running a flat crank causes vibration issues that coupled with twin turbos
and 650 hp means this is bound to be a very expensive and complex piece of
kit. It excites me because the only other flat crank engine available is a
Ferrari engine and we all know what kind of money just a Ferrari gasket can
cost so it's nice to know that there will be something coming from an
American manufacturer that will (or should be on par with the European
exotics. I don't have any plans to start saving my pennies for a Voodoo
engine (especially since stories like this tend to take years to come to
fruition and often change several times by the time they are actually
manufactured) Look at the "new" NSX it's supposed to have been coming out
every year for the past 4 or 5 years and it's entire design concept has
changed in that time.  I just think it's exciting to see an american auto
manufacturer finally going in the direction of the high tech exotics. The
Europeans laugh at he The Viper with it's 8 .4 liter pushrod engine
producing  640 hp. But what do the Europeans know?  There are people
squeezing 600 + hp out of our cleveland engines  but these are 40 year old
cars. You would think someone designing a sports car in the 21st century
would be using more advanced technology. Once the Voodoo engine becomes a
reality I can think of quite a few project cars I would like to  build
using a power plant like the Voodoo (as described) especially when the
price comes down or when a few migrate to salvage yards due to people with
more money the driving skill buying them.
Boyd