[DeTomaso] PCNC route to San Diego

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu May 22 11:27:09 EDT 2014

In a message dated 5/21/14 23 07 49, cuvee at sbcglobal.net writes:

> So what route is the PCNC group taking to San Diego? Leaving Mon, Tues,
> or Wed? Driving straight though? Driving half way spending the night
> someplace? Who's going? Mark and I will probably be leaving Tuesday Morning.

Curt, it's all in the monthly PCNC newsletter, which is available online to
the public at www.panteraclubnorcal.com.

Here's the relevant info though:

POCA Fun Rally — 28 May - 1 June: The proposed plan for our route down to
San Diego
has been formalized. We will head south by various means on the 101,
meeting at the Black
Bear Diner in Gilroy for a 9:30 sharp departure. We will then continue
south on Hwy 101, with
a pit stop at the Chevron station in King City, then lunch at Margie’s
Diner in Paso Robles.

We will then continue to Solvang, with a planned arrival around 2:00 p.m.
We will be
spending the night at the Holiday Inn Express. They offer rooms for $99 for
a king bed, $109 for
two queens. The hotel has secure underground parking, and a free breakfast.
Call them at (805)
688-2018 to make your reservation, and mention the Pantera Club to get
these rates.
We should arrive early enough to visit a terrific motorcycle museum right
there in Solvang.
(http://www.motosolvang.com).

The next day, we will continue south on 101 until getting to the Los An
geles megalopolis,
where we will hop onto I-210 to I-5 and continue to San Diego. That will
put us through Los
Angeles around mid-day.

Russ and Doris Britschgi have volunteered to transport the club store. The
actual operation
of the club store is ‘plug and play’, with detailed prices lists,
procedures, etc. All we need is
volunteers to work the store. If you can help please contact Bud Millard.

The full itinerary of the Fun Rally will be e-mailed to all registered
attendees as well as the
various POCA chapter presidents early in May. Among the new events this
year is a “Ladies
Tech Session” hosted by some prominent female POCA members, including Lori
Drew. Lori
said, “I can promise there will be chocolate!”

PCNC members will be afforded a private tour of NASA’s Joint Propulsion
Laboratory in
Pasadena on the way home (the tour would be on Monday, mid-day). See the
tour flyer elsewhere
in this newsletter. Attendees will need to provide their names several
weeks before the
tour, to get the necessary security clearance.

====

Don't forget that the monthly PCNC meeting is tonight!