[DeTomaso] Why you should always DRIVE your Pantera somewhere!

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Tue May 20 21:32:44 EDT 2014

Kirby,

You are right, I35 goes Dallas north to OKC etc.  I had to be towed both
times on I45.  The truck was acting strange in guages and I thought I
was running out of fuel.  I stopped the truck and put 20 gallons in from
my tractor tank.  Then the truck would not start.  The wrecker picked
the truck up on the rollback and grabbed the trailer with the back
hitch.  It was after 5 on friday and he didn't know of anyone in Tomball
that would be able to fix the alternator.  We dropped the trailer in
their Tomball storage lot and took the truck to Madisonvill to Chicos
detailing on May street.  They work on Saturday.  They did good work on
time and at a reasonable charge for road work.   It was about 285 for an
new alternator for a 7.3 diesel truck and the install.

Been out of Houston since "the fall of Compaq" in 1992.

jerry