[DeTomaso] Is it ... finally ... time to Sunset this email list?

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat May 17 01:51:19 EDT 2014

All,

Some of you will read this in your inbox, others in the archives.

Others will never see it.

I think this AOL/Yahoo/etc. issue is a rather hard-to-ignore HEADS UP that the POCA Mailman-based email forum has finally reached a point where it should be put on a Sunset time line by the POCA officers.

We have in place (Thanks, Mark McWhinney and all the others that have rebuilt it after the hacker attack) a perfectly functional online forum at the POCA website. It can be used today, and fine-tuned as time allows and needs require. As it is NOT email based, it is not affected by the recent "where is my post" issue.

I have noticed that our very own POCA Prez is presently active on that forum. ;-)

Or we can stay in the 80's (or whenever Mailman was born) and resign ourselves to similar issues repeating in the years to come as Mailman remains stagnant and current internet protocols advance and eventually change to the point that the daily POCA email list activity is comprised of emails from just several dozen members whose ISP hasn't followed what AOL did in late April.

The rest of us would try to keep current with daily visits to the archives...as long as THAT remains operational, that is.

Sound promising?

Most of us upgrade our cars and we do so because the improvements create better performance and enjoyment.

Its time to do the same with the POCA online forum.

I think Sunsetting the Mailman-based list would make a very timely and appropriate agenda topic for the POCA chapter Presidents' meeting at the Fun Rally later this month.

YMMV

Larry