[DeTomaso] Fwd: Japanese WWII Submarine... and Rockets

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri May 16 16:40:07 EDT 2014

My grandfather Maj Gen. Hugh J. Casey  was the Chief engineer of the entire
Pacific Theater in World War II  and my Great Uncle Gen (4 Star) Lucius
Clay was he military governor of the US zone of occupation at the end of
WWII. So I heard a lot about what happened behind the scenes before ,
during and after WWII. Werner Von Braun was both accused of being a Nazi
 and being guilty of war crimes due to his use of slave labor and his
design of weapons used on civilians. It is also true that the SS arrested
WVB at one point and if it weren't for the direct intervention of Hitler
(possibly at the request of Albert Speer) WVB may have boot surveyed until
the end of the war. There was a continual power struggle between Himmler,
Goering  and the upper echelon of the Nazis and the S.S.. The bottom line
is that The US recognized the importance of Rocket science and recognized
WVB as the preeminent expert in Germany. The German Rocket program was
located in a part of Europe that was already scheduled to be under the
control of the Soviets. The Americans made a mad dash into this area to
capture as much hardware and material as well as a many personnel as
possible. WVB and his entire staff were at the same time doing everything
in their power to surrender to the US instead of falling into Russian
hands. The official name of the program to bring German scientists into the
United states specifically to work on war related technology was called
"Operation paper clip. It was technically Illegal to hire anyone who was
officially a Nazi. So efforts were made and personal histories were
falsified in order to circumvent theses rules. A subject that I find more
interesting is the case of the Japanese germ warfare expert who was
responsible for the deaths of thousands of Chinese and possibly some US
POW's using germ warfare and doing germ warfare experiments. The United
States felt that they were far behind the Japanese and pardoned the
Japanese scientist who was responsible for the program that dropped rats
carrying fleas infected with bubonic plague on to Chinese cities .He also
carried out other absolutely horrible human experimentation test various
agents to kill civilians in "Scientific studies". After the war was over
and this Japanese individual was pardoned it was found that the Japanese
germ warfare program had been conducted in such an amateur manner that is
was of virtually no scientific value. So This Japanese scientist who was
personally responsible for thousands of deaths ( some of which were
absolutely horrible in there cruelty and the level of suffering that it's
subjects were forced to endure) got off scot free and we didn't even reap
any benefits from all of his "research". At least WVB got us to the moon!

Hugh Boyd Casey

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 2:43 PM, <shawkins777 at comcast.net> wrote:

>    What?
>

>    Steve

   My grandfather Maj Gen. Hugh J. Casey A was the Chief engineer of the
   entire Pacific Theater in World War II A and my Great Uncle Gen (4
   Star) Lucius Clay was he military governor of the US zone of occupation
   at the end of WWII. So I heard a lot about what happened behind the
   scenes before , during and after WWII. Werner Von Braun was both
   accused of being a Nazi A and being guilty of war crimes due to his use
   of slave labor and his design of weapons used on civilians. It is also
   true that the SS arrested WVB at one point and if it weren't for the
   direct intervention of Hitler (possibly at the request of Albert Speer)
   WVB may have boot surveyed until the end of the war. There was a
   continual power struggle between Himmler, Goering A and the upper