[DeTomaso] Brake light test procedures

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 17:43:44 EDT 2014

The fuse Mike refers to also controls your ignition and, for example, if you had used a paper clip to test your brake lights, then forgot about it and went for a test ride, when the clip grounds out your car will stop. Took a few moments to figure that out after I experienced that sickening sudden loss of power. Fortunately I had another fuse with me.Message 14Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 23:02:19 -0400 (EDT)From: MikeLDrew at aol.comTo: michael at michaelshortt.com, nick.mcintosh.sr at gmail.comCc: detomaso at poca.comSubject: Re: [DeTomaso] My break lights are not coming on. Whatprocedures	should I go through to determine the problem.Message-ID: <aec31.5024a115.40a2e53b at aol.com>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"In a message dated 5/12/14 13 26 12, michael at michaelshortt.com writes:> Check the fuse> Check the lamps/bulbs> Check all the grounds> R & R the brake light switch> > >>>And before any of that, with the key on, unplug the wires from the switch and using a piece of wire or a paper clip, connect them together--if the system is otherwise working the lights will come on. That tells you the problem is in the switch.Don't touch the paper clip to anything metal while it is connected, or it will blow the fuse.Mike