[DeTomaso] Have you checked your ZF juice lately?

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sun May 11 15:27:49 EDT 2014

If you're just buying GL-5 Gear Oil it doesn't matter what brand you buy, certainly not for the brief time you'll be using it.

Go to Walmart and buy Valvoline or whatever brand they have in 1 qt jars.  You could even buy the house brand to save any more money if you plan to switch out to the Redline when you get it.

I have a different philosophy regarding gear oil.  Most of us drive our cars little and do not thrash them when we do.  It is better to have a synthetic oil which is thinner when cold so you have better shifting and less synchro clash.  That oil can then be left for 3 years easily, making it the same price as conventional oil.

Did my old post from Les Gray make it to the board?

For some reason I'm not seeing posts I make unless someone responds

Jim

...except I leave town in 6 days, which doesn't give me enough time to get it and put in before I leave.  I'm hoping I can find something local, but as I expected, when I call the Autozone's of the world and tell then what I need, they have no idea what I'm talking about.

>>>Call Napa auto parts, ask for CRC/Stalube GL5 gear oil in the one-gallon jug.   My local store normally carries it but they were out of stock when I asked a couple of weeks ago; they ordered it and had it next day.

Get the CRC gear oil pump too while you're at it--it makes the job SO much easier!