[DeTomaso] Missing Message

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu May 8 12:44:03 EDT 2014

In a message dated 5/8/14 9 16 42, kirby.schrader at gmail.com writes:

> But this is just me and gmail. If you're not gmail, then I don't know why
> the messages are 'disappearing'.
>

>>>I don't think this is a Gmail thing.

I think that when a message comes from AOL to the forum, the list software
does *something* to that message, and when it is forwarded on, it takes on
the appearance of evil.

Some e-mail providers are then sending these messages to the user's spam
folder, where the user can fish them out manually, while others allow them to
proceed unhindered to the user's inbox.

Ironically, it appears that AOL is being even more aggressive, and
filtering them out even before they make it as far as a spam folder, so AOL users
are unable to see any messages sent to the forum by themselves, or other AOL
users?

I can tell you this--it has cut down on forum traffic to my inbox quite a
bit, because a substantial population still relies on AOL....