[DeTomaso] Hotel de France

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu May 8 11:39:06 EDT 2014

In a message dated 5/8/14 7 35 15, writes:

> but I don't know which car the red Gr4 is--2873 perhaps?
>
>>>After further research, I can see that the Gr4 car *is* #2860, the car
that finished 16th.   What I failed to consider is that this photo shows the
cars as they are arriving at La Sarthe.   #49 was assigned to a Ferrari
Daytona entered by the Ch. Pozzi team (which failed to show up), and the Pantera
was given the number 43.   My photos of the car in the race show the #43 in
unusually large numbers; it was placed atop the #49 which appears in this
photo.