[DeTomaso] FW: Speedhut-GPS-Speedometer-200mph-Odometer-and-more

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed May 7 11:48:31 EDT 2014

In a message dated 5/7/14 7 04 52, MZadony at fleetresponse.com writes:

> Hi Guys, I am thinking of installing one of these.  A couple of
> questions;  What about the old cable ?  Right now it's disconnected & sitting in the
> car with the original  speedo on the floor.  Wasn't there some sort of
> trans gear not to fall into the ZF ?
>
>>>You can safely remove the old cable from the angle drive on the ZF.
You can even remove the angle drive, although I wouldn't recommend it.   The
danger comes from removing the bolt that secures the speedo drive gear that
engages the angle drive.   Remove that bolt without having a firm grasp of
the drive gear, and it falls down into the gearbox.

> >Can the miles off the original be put in ?
>
>>>That would be a question for Speedhut.

> >Do I need to get those miles certified as the original miles ? & by whom
>>
>>>That would be a question for your local DMV.

> > Questions, questions & more questions.  What else do I have to ask ?
> Myron the other guy in Cleveland  74 L  #6928.
>
>>>The replica GT40 guys love those Speedhut gauges.   Personally I think
they're a solution to a problem that doesn't exist--I see no reason to spend
a bunch of money to replace classy looking, original Italian gauges that
work great (or great-ish at least).   But if you want to replace them, there is
no harm in doing so, and you (or somebody else) could always switch back
later?