[DeTomaso] Kirby at Texas Speedway

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:02:11 EDT 2014

Bob,

I really don't know... it has no speedometer...
Just guessing... Tires size and ZF are the same except for 5th in the GT40
is .642.
The Pantera was close to redline.
I didn't think I was going that fast, honestly, but in retrospect, the
speed had to be similar.
I'm in 5th in both cars, I'm shifting at about the same point out of 1 and
both have a redline of 7000.

The only reason I had the GT40 there was the Pantera started dumping oil
and coolant and overheated.
I haven't had a chance yet to see what's wrong.
Suspicion is a head gasket.

I took the Pantera home and got the GT40.
I enjoyed the comment when I was unloading it, some guys were standing
watching and asked...
So this is the backup car for your Pantera?
Errr... yeah, I guess so.
Then what's the backup to the GT40?
Errr... my daily driver GT500?

Damn, we like your choice of cars.
:-)

Other than my mood swing to depression when I think about the Pantera
engine, I had a good time with the guys there.

As we've discussed on our local forum. I certainly need to work on the
Pantera's handling.
You really have to manhandle it to get it to do anything, in my opinion.

Thanks,
Kirby