[DeTomaso] Cars & Coffee Savannah, GA

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Sat May 3 14:35:41 EDT 2014

 Michael,

The Pantera is looking good.  Noticed that you parked kind of close to the Corvette :)

The 454 Corvette brought back memories. In the early 80s I used to autocross with the local SCCA chapter.  I was driving a RX-7 at the time.  One guy ran a 71 454 Corvette that he had bought new.  He would show up with race tires in the passenger seat and in the storage area behind the seat and change his wheels in the parking lot.  He'd run the car and then change out his wheels and drive home.   I loved the way the car sounded when he went around the course.  That car was the same color as the one in your picture.

I sold the Mazda and got my Pantera in '87 and ran it the last couple of years before I stopped autocrossing.  I think everyone agreed that my Pantera sounded better than the Corvette.

Tom
5186