[DeTomaso] Tag line says.., .every epic story has a great start - start your own . . .

Daryl Adams daryl.architect at gmail.com
Fri May 2 21:34:35 EDT 2014

My insurance agent has an exotic car blog with similar startup clips. He
brought a crew out to my house and filmed this one of my Dino last year.
This year he wants to do my Mangusta.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=basq2DM6nOA

Daryl

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Mike Thomas <mbefthomas at comcast.net> wrote:

> Very cool.  I've often thought it would be cool as well to have a sound
> track from a particular car (Pantera for starters) to act as all the
> various sounds you hear using your computer:
>
> Booting up: the engine starting
> Opening a file: opening the door
> Closing a file: closing the door
> Etc.
>
> All it would take these days would be somebody to list the actions that
> have sounds associated with them in your software, record digitally the
> sounds you want to replace those from your car of choice, and viola, your
> computer has just become your Pantera/Mustang/Torino/F150/BMW/Porsche.  It
> would take the time to do the tracks for each car, but I think there would
> be a market for something like this (if it's not already out there).  You
> could do the same for all of the sounds on your smart phone/tablet/device.
>  If I was more of a techie, I'd give it a shot.
>
> And who never thought beer wasn’t one of the creative juices . . . ?
>
> Have a great weekend!
> Mike Thomas
> VP, POCA
> VP, Panteras Northwest
> Yellow ’74 #6328

   [1]https://youtube.com/watch?v=basq2DM6nOA
   Daryl

   On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Mike Thomas <[2]mbefthomas at comcast.net>
     Very cool. A I've often thought it would be cool as well to have a
     sound track from a particular car (Pantera for starters) to act as
     all the various sounds you hear using your computer:
     Booting up: the engine starting
     Opening a file: opening the door
     Closing a file: closing the door
     Etc.
     All it would take these days would be somebody to list the actions
     that have sounds associated with them in your software, record
     digitally the sounds you want to replace those from your car of
     choice, and viola, your computer has just become your
     Pantera/Mustang/Torino/F150/BMW/Porsche. A It would take the time to
     do the tracks for each car, but I think there would be a market for
     something like this (if it's not already out there). A You could do
     the same for all of the sounds on your smart phone/tablet/device.
     A If I was more of a techie, I'd give it a shot.
     And who never thought beer wasnat one of the creative juices . . . ?
     Have a great weekend!
     Mike Thomas
     VP, POCA
     VP, Panteras Northwest
     Yellow a74 #6328
     Video going through just about every exotic worthy of listing to the
     engine startup and rev. Pantera in the middle.
     [4]http://topcar.co.za/your-favourites/hear-34-exotic-cars-roar-into
     -life/
     Rob