[DeTomaso] Desert Concorso (1 of 2)

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 20:07:12 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

You may recall that the folks behind the Concorso Italiano ecided to stage
an all-new event in Palm Springs, which would follow a similar model but be
oriented towards all nations, rather than only Italian cars.   Feeling the
need for a road trip, Lori and I jumped in her humble minivan and headed
south through a driving rainstorm.

We had hoped to link up with John Taphorn and Rob Pink; they were about an
hour and a half behind us, towing Rob's new race car, but even though we
texted back and forth we never did manage to link up.

We pulled into Palm Springs late Saturday night, and slept in a bit Sunday
morning, so we missed the mondo windstorm that blew dirt and dust all over
everything, including all the cars in the show.

Long story short, there were perhaps 100-150 cars in the show, including
four Panteras, belonging to   John Buckman, Steve Wilson, Bruce Mallory and
Randy Kershaw.

Here are a few photos; more to follow in #2 of 2....first shows some
spectacular cars (Maserati 450S and MC12), second is Lori with Kathy and John
Buckman in front of Randy Wolfgram's car, third shows Randy, Steve and John
Panteras....