[DeTomaso] Amazing find!

Gray Gregory rgg at gregorycook.com
Tue Mar 25 22:38:49 EDT 2014

Yes I remember the 3 seat Pantera. It had a white interior if I remember correctly, but I still remember seeing something somewhere with those seats...

Gray

Are you sure? I remember seeing a car with those seats at the factory museum the first trip we made there. Was the original prototype in the museum back then? Or was there perhaps another prototype something there with those seats? Or am I just dreaming that?

>>>You're just dreaming. :>)

The only car that had something odd was the three-seat Pantera (which was made by plopping Pantera sheetmetal atop a Maserati Merak chassis--the car had no VIN that we could find, and now lives in Belgium, an odd engineering cul-de-sac).  Although the seats in that car were/are unusual, they are nothing like those fitted to the prototype.