[DeTomaso] Some wheels for sale

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 22:14:48 EDT 2014

In a message dated 3/25/14 17 53 43, cengles at cox.net writes:

>              I happen to know a bit about this trivia of wheels.
>

>             The short story is that the original corporation was Gotti.
> Gotti begat Etoile.   Etoile begat Kinesis.   Essentially one corporation
> with different names and designs in different decades.
>

>>>Chuck, I think you may have been standing a bit too close to your
anesthesiologist when he pulled the mask off your last patient?   :>)

Gotti was, and is, a French company that has been in continuous business
since 1966:

http://www.gotti.fr/

Apparently Gotti was acquired by Etoile, another French company, and then
they were both swallowed up by Ronal, yet another French company.   The Gotti
name is the one with longevity so the company exists with that name to this
day.

The US importer was an outfit in Tustin, CA called Topline.   I believe
they folded their tent in the late 1990s.

Kinesis was a So-Cal outfit (years ago I toured the Kinesis factory)
founded in the mid-1990s, but I saw no evidence of anything other than Kinesis
going on there.   They disappeared for awhile, but apparently they are back in
business.   Their website has been hacked by an odd spammer that uses it as
a platform to spread generic information about how to get a good real estate
agent, etc.

http://www.kinesismotorsport.com/

But Kinesis is apparently still up and running, in Poway, CA.   They
maintain a presence on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/KinesisMotorsport

And there are recent updates there.

Also, no Kinesis wheels look like Gotti/Etoile.

>From where did you get the idea that Kinesis was an outgrowth of the French
companies?