[DeTomaso] Documentation of Panteras increased value

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 22:14:46 EDT 2014

In a message dated 3/25/14 19 05 39, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> That is usually to establish that you have two daily drivers and that your
> classic is used as such and not your daily driver. Most all the classic
> insurers have over riders against classic use for daily driving, to and from
> work etc. to ensure the risk is in line with the lower premium classics
> afford through limited mileage.
>
>>>Heacock doesn't insist that you insure your regular cars with them (in
fact they have no provisions for insuring regular cars), but I did have to
provide a copy of my regular car insurance policy to establish that I did, in
fact, have cars other than the ones I was insuring with them.   They then
required me to raise my liability coverage limits on my regular cars to match
the one I was seeking from them.   Apparently deep pockets laws mean that if
you had low liability limits on your Brand X car, and got into a wreck,
unscrupulous lawyers could go after a settlement from your collector policy
even though that wasn't the car you were driving at the time!