[DeTomaso] NPC: Automotive Journalism Humor

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Tue Mar 25 13:19:21 EDT 2014

Dear Michael,

                  I thoroughly enjoyed Satch's column until it
disappeared.   He later re-appeared as the editor of the BMW club
magazine.  No more references to the leggy stockbroker.  The following
clip from will explain the "trouble".

                  from Anchorage, Alaska

                  " Back then, if a teacher had sex with a child over
16, it wasn't clear that it was against the law. The Satch Carlson case
changed all that.

In 1989 Carlson was fired after he was accused of having sex with a
17-year-old student, but since the sex was consensual, it was unclear
whether it was a crime. "

                 I was very, very disappointed in Satch.

                                        Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles