[DeTomaso] Documentation of Panteras increased value

Scott Carpenter scscottc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:55:10 EDT 2014

I've been with Hagerty since I got my Pantera fourteen years ago.
Originally I had my Pantera on an agreed upon value policy of $35,000,
last year I bumped it up to $60,000.  I've never had to make a claim so I
guess so far I am happy with them.  If values keep going up I will probably
look at bumping it up in the next year or two.

As someone who will probably never sell I am torn about the raise in
values.  While I think it is great that the Pantera is finally given some
recognition for being the great car we all know it is, I don't want it to
become worth so much that it starts to make people not want to drive them.
Personally even if my Pantera is worth $50-70K it is still a viable risk to
take for the same nice weekend drives that I usually take it on... If it
were to drastically go up to say $150K then I might start to question the
sanity of driving it amongst a sea of Pickups, SUVs and Minivans where the
drivers may or may not be busy texting or yelling at the kids in back to
see my tiny little Italian hot rod.

Scott