[DeTomaso] Amazing find!

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 25 10:53:22 EDT 2014

Mike, where can I get those seats!

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Deep Impact Sequence Team Lead
Deep Impact Spacecraft Engineer & Activity Lead
Rosetta/MEX/VEX Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
Fax:     (818) 393-3147
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:thimes at jpl.nasa.gov>

From: "MikeLDrew at aol.com<mailto:MikeLDrew at aol.com>" <MikeLDrew at aol.com<mailto:MikeLDrew at aol.com>>
Date: Monday, March 24, 2014 9:34 PM
To: "detomaso at POCA.com<mailto:detomaso at POCA.com>" <detomaso at POCA.com<mailto:detomaso at POCA.com>>
Subject: [DeTomaso] Amazing find!

Hi guys,

Ron Southern tipped me off to this treasure trove of photos by Karl
Ludvigsen, taken at a press day for the launch of the new Pantera, in 1970.   These
photos are housed as part of the Revs collection at Stanford University:

https://revslib.stanford.edu/?per_page=50&q=Pantera&utf8='?

Look at all the hundreds of detail differences between this initial
prototype, and the production Panteras.   Different bumpers (notice the rear
one-piece bumper?), side markers, dashboard, three-slot Campagnolo wheels,
different taillights (not "Group 4" lights, but instead hand-made one-offs I
think), decklid hinged at the rear instead of the front, tiny badges on the
decklid instead of the rear panel, and on and on and on.

I don't know if this car was a pushmobile or actually capable of being
driven.   There are no photos indicating that the car actually ran....

Page 2 also shows a bunch of photos of So-Cal Pantera owners enjoying a Bob
Bondurant racing school...good times!

   [1]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov

   [6]https://revslib.stanford.edu/?per_page=50&q=Pantera&utf8='?