[DeTomaso] Amazing find!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 00:34:39 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

Ron Southern tipped me off to this treasure trove of photos by Karl
Ludvigsen, taken at a press day for the launch of the new Pantera, in 1970.   These
photos are housed as part of the Revs collection at Stanford University:

https://revslib.stanford.edu/?per_page=50&q=Pantera&utf8='

Look at all the hundreds of detail differences between this initial
prototype, and the production Panteras.   Different bumpers (notice the rear
one-piece bumper?), side markers, dashboard, three-slot Campagnolo wheels,
different taillights (not "Group 4" lights, but instead hand-made one-offs I
think), decklid hinged at the rear instead of the front, tiny badges on the
decklid instead of the rear panel, and on and on and on.

I don't know if this car was a pushmobile or actually capable of being
driven.   There are no photos indicating that the car actually ran....

Page 2 also shows a bunch of photos of So-Cal Pantera owners enjoying a Bob
Bondurant racing school...good times!