[DeTomaso] NPC: Automotive Journalism Humor

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 00:55:51 EDT 2014

Chuck,

Brilliant stuff.

To see just how far the standards of American automotive journalism have
plunged, pick up the August 1971 issue of Car and Driver, where the Pantera
was introduced to the USA for the first time.   I was reading that issue in
bed last night, and was bowled over at the outstanding prose contained
therein.   Not just one, but every single writer in that magazine had a marvelous
gift for expression, writing with a style and precision that would be
completely foreign to virtually all writers today.

Sad....