[DeTomaso] Wheels again

Peter Cajthaml pcajthaml at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 18:06:08 EDT 2014

That is correct - I have the Hall Ultra II, built around 1994.  Only
one has cracked, and I decided not to repair it, but to replace all 4
wheels.

As it is a large investment, I am hoping to get feedback from the
board on what wheel to get and which ones to avoid.

My tire sizes are: 335/35x17 (rear) and 275/40x17 (front).  I
considered the Bassett steel wheels discussed earlier, but could not
find a comparable tire size in the 15" wheel.

I understand that a properly built 3-piece wheel is strong enough for
street use; that the cracks in my wheels are possibly the result of a
design flaw in this type of wheel.

Thanks!

Peter

Doesn't Peter have the old Hall wheels, which are renowned for quality
and cracking?

I have not heard of any modern alloy 3 piece or two piece bolt
together wheels with safety problems. As a precaution one should of
course check the bolts on an annual frequency

Julian