[DeTomaso] Wheels again

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Thu Mar 20 16:35:31 EDT 2014

Peter,

I know a lot of Panteras are equipped with bolt-together three-piece wheels. I do hear of safety problems.

I know a lot of Panteras have two-piece welded wheels. I do not hear of safety problems.

Questions bouncing around in my head:

    Are those Forgeline bolt-together three-piece wheels DOT approved wheels?
    Same question for the "centerlock conversion" option.

    In any case, are they designed for the high cornering forces Pantera wheels face in a spirited drive?

    (Is DOT approval really an issue? I believe most owners seem to believe it isn't.)

And finally, IMHO,

    As you have first hand evidence of a serious safety shortcoming of bolt-together three-piece wheels,
    why are you contemplating venturing down that road again?

Larry