[DeTomaso] Filling Cracks in Split Dash

jgkrenton at comcast.net jgkrenton at comcast.net
Wed Mar 19 00:28:07 EDT 2014

Mike:

I'm not sure what sort of plastic the dash is made from, I think it's a PVC type plastic.  Someone may know exactly what type it is.

Most plastics can be welded..  Epoxies don't typically adhere properly.  I was actually digging into this for another project, so here's some data for you to peruse.

As usual, your experience may vary...  Considerably...  Good luck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_welding

http://www.eastwood.com/steinel-heat-gun-how-to-plastic-weld-plastic-welding-tool

http://www.harborfreight.com/plastic-welding-kit-with-adjustable-temperature-96464.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvV9a3lEe2g