[DeTomaso] LinkedIn Connections- NPC

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 18 19:02:58 EDT 2014

Nope.  LinkedIn (and others) do not have access to your personal email lists.  But once you sign up for a LinkedIN account
and you start putting in information, like all the Companies you have worked for, Schools, Awards, Degrees, etc, etc. they mine
that and find everyone in their database that matches.  They use those matches to try to connect you with anyone and everyone
that you may know or have connections with.

Good and Bad.  I like to stay in contact with people I have lost connections with long ago.  Yea!  But I also get requests to connect with
anyone who knows how to spell NASA in the LinkedIn account.   Boo!

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Deep Impact Sequence Team Lead
Deep Impact Spacecraft Engineer & Activity Lead
Rosetta/MEX/VEX Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
Fax:     (818) 393-3147