[DeTomaso] Looking for experience with datalogging A/F ratio gauges

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Mar 18 00:51:23 EDT 2014

Hi gang,
I'm specifically looking for anyone having experience they can share
with regard to datalogging Air/Fuel ratio meters.

I am currently looking at two alternatives and would like to hear about
others.  If you have experience with either of these, or some other
model, please let me know.

AEM 30-4900 Failsafe Gauge;
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ZAQLF6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=XG1XBD24T1KI&coliid=I141TWJE66ONZ7

This gauge comes with the O2 sensor and weld-in bung.  It can also take
an RPM signal input and datalog the A/F and RPM for up to three hours,
then hook to a computer for offloading the data.

The other system I'm looking at is by Innovate:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009AP975A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=XG1XBD24T1KI&coliid=ITGCF2BWB5VMV
The gauge comes with the O2 sensor and weld-i bung.  It is capable of
hooking to a computer but it does not have datalogging capability.  To
get that, I need to add one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Motorsports-3875-Pocket-Logger/dp/B009QXCYOM/ref=pd_sbs_auto_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=01A93K53JV7N1BM0EWF9

It also does not take in RPM, to get that I need to add one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Motorsports-3742-Multi-Sensor-Datalogger/dp/B000CO7TW6/ref=sr_sp-btf_title_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1395028751&sr=8-5&keywords=innovate+dl

But I don't need to for just the A/F.  My -objective- is to measure A/F
and datalog it while driving in a variety of gears and rpm levels.  To
really map it properly I should also map RPM against the A/F.  I can
probably do that with just the Innovate gauge package and a laptop on
the passenger seat; however, datalogging it without the laptop might be
nicer.

If you have experience, please share.
Thank you,
Asa  Jay