[DeTomaso] Tefba Coolant Filter

Mike Reilly reillyms at live.com
Mon Mar 17 21:58:58 EDT 2014

Hi Jack.  The adaptors came today but they end up making the OD of the Tefba inlet and outlet pipes 1-5/8.  They are basically pieces of rubber, similar to coolant hose.  The ones I got were 1/8 inch thick so they expand the 1-1/4 filter inlet/outlet to 1-5/8 inch….. and won't work.  I plan to return the 1-1/4 filter and the adaptors and have Alan send me a 1-1/2 inch Tefba filter.  From there I will just do what some folks have suggested….. heat up my coolant hoses so they fit over the 1-1/2 in inlet/outlet of the filter body.  Sorry for all the mails on this folks….I thought I had a 1-3/8 inch solution : (.   Thanks, Mike

Please let me know when you receive it - axiously awaiting.
-------------- next part --------------
   Hi Jack.  The adaptors came today but they end up making the OD of the
   Tefba inlet and outlet pipes 1-5/8.  They are basically pieces of
   rubber, similar to coolant hose.  The ones I got were 1/8 inch thick so
   they expand the 1-1/4 filter inlet/outlet to 1-5/8 incha|.. and won't
   work.  I plan to return the 1-1/4 filter and the adaptors and have Alan
   send me a 1-1/2 inch Tefba filter.  From there I will just do what some
   folks have suggesteda|.. heat up my coolant hoses so they fit over the
   1-1/2 in inlet/outlet of the filter body.  Sorry for all the mails on
   this folksa|.I thought I had a 1-3/8 inch solution : (.   Thanks, Mike
   Please let me know when you receive it - axiously awaiting.